Happy people do a lot of things. They spend time expressing gratitude, cultivating optimism, practicing kindness, nurturing loving relationships, committing to meaningful goals, savoring life’s little pleasures, and so on and so forth. But they NEVER…
1. Mind other people’s business. Forget about what others are doing. Stop looking at where they are and what they have. YOU are walking your own path.
2. Seek validation of self-worth from others. When you are content to simply be yourself, without comparing and competing to impress others, everyone worthwhile will respect you. How are you letting others define you?
3. Rely on other people and external events for happiness. Unhappiness lies in that gap between what we have now and what we think we need.
4. Hold on to resentment. Stop being haunted by the ghosts from your past. What happened in the past is just one chapter in your story; don’t close the book, just turn the page and focus on the future .
5. Spend prolonged periods of time in negative environments. You can’t make positive choices in environments inhabited by negative people and negative energy!